Palmerbet.com is a recent arrival to the online bookmaker scene in Australia, having flipped the switch to its website in August of 2013.
To Join Palmerbet follow these easy steps:
Prior to this, the Palmer family was an on course bookie with a presence across the country, especially on the rails of their base at Canterbury racecourse and of course, Randwick.
They performed in this function for 30 years, so they are no example of a corporation that took up online wagering as a means of diversification, but as a logical progression as more and more of everyday life, and especially wagering, which is so well suited to computers and the Internet, is moved from brick and mortar facilities to the cloud.
What follows is a brief review of Palmerbet.com for anyone who might want to consider it as a singular or one of many utilised online betting agencies.
Palmerbet.com Wagering Platform
Relying on the familiar and time-tested layout that is more or less a fixture widely recognised by online punters, Palmerbet employed the services of the same organisation that was behind the design of Luxbet.
It is the typical three column arrangement that is intuitive and user-friendly, even for the uninitiated. The process begins on the left side of the page, where a racing code or a specific sport is selected. Clicking on one of these takes the punter to a page that displays all the available markets and odds in the centre of the page. Clicking on a market launches the betting slip where the stake can be entered and the possible payout is given.It would be nice if every aspect of life could be maneuvered so efficiently.
A random check of various markets reveals that Palmerbet.com offers competitive odds, plenty of racing markets and more than adequate coverage of many sports, both major and minor. Many punters will appreciate the even money lines that Palmerbet offers on many markets, especially footy.
Palmerbet’s website does advertise the existence of a mobile betting application or applications, or perhaps a mobile-friendly website, but details are not available to casual visitors and it might be necessary to register as a member to know exactly how mobile betting is facilitated by Palmerbet.
There do not seem to be any of the novelty markets that are offered by some online bookmakers, a fact that sports and racing punters might actually appreciate. There are also no casino games, no poker, no bingo, etc.
This is an area where Palmerbet.com has expended no small degree of effort. Here are some of the offerings for racing punters and sports fans.
Racing products include Win/Place Fixed, Best of the Best (BOB), Best Tote (Win/Place), Best of Two (Win/Place), Tote + 5 percent, Top Fluc, Best Tote + SP, Middle Tote (Win/Place), Tote +10 percent (Win/Place) and Exotics.
As is customary with all online bookmakers, many of the racing products are for bookmaker designated events and meetings and a full explanation of the terms and conditions is beyond the scope of this review.The Palmerbet website does provide excellent details in simple, everyday language, so even newer punters can understand the explanations and should expect no difficulties in this department.
Sports promotions include Even Money Lines on various sports, in particular the NRL and the AFL.At the current moment, this is also available on the NBA.
Sports and racing punters will both find racing and soccer futures available and a couple of general ongoing weekly promotions.
• Minimum account size is $10 for credit card (Visa and MasterCard only) and POLi. Punters wishing to use BPay must deposit a minimum of $25. If you choose to go the other route, bank transfer, your bank may have something to influence the amount of your initial deposit. Credit card users will be required, as proof of identity and also to prevent identity theft, to supply a copy of both sides of the credit card being used.
• Only the Australian dollar is accepted for deposits.
• Maximum payouts are seemingly confined to racing and might be considered on the lower end of the scale by comparison amongst different bookmakers, but they do not seem to be alarmingly restrictive.
• Minimum online wager amount is $1, telephone minimum is $10, better than some, and all bets above these amounts must be made in fifty cent increments.
• It will be necessary to supply proof of identity. Acceptable forms include drivers’ license, Australian passport, Medicare Card, tax file number, etc. These can be submitted online by those with the proper hardware and technical skills. It is also acceptable to mail them, but they must be certified.
• Palmerbet.com will accept application for credit betting.
• The withdrawal method is by bank transfer.
Palmerbet.com Odds and Margins
This agency does seem to be willing to offer competitive odds on the markets that it offers. Although there is not much readily available information concerning margins, this criterion is not that significant, since it does not have a huge effect on the individual punter. Over the course of time, it is reasonable to assume that Palmerbet will be in the range that is typical for online bookmakers.
Palmerbet.com is off to a good start after a little under one year of operation. They certainly seem to have their ducks in a row when it comes to all three racing codes and all the major sports, as well as some of the minor ones, offer exceedingly adequate opportunities.
If the authorities ever remove the restrictions that affect all online bookmakers and punters with regard to live betting, that will benefit everyone involved and Palmerbet should be able to deserve serious consideration from racing and sports punters