The Privacy Act 1988 and the associated Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) set out certain standards, rights, and obligations in relation to the collection, use, access and correction of personal information. As part of these obligations, we are required under APP 5, to notify you of certain matters before or at the time we collect personal information, to ensure that you are aware of them.
Please note that this Privacy Notice may change from time to time if our handling or collection of personal information changes. In such circumstances, the “Last Updated” statement at the top of this page will be updated to refer to the effective date of the new notice.
Who is collecting your personal information?
Your personal information is being collected by Pro Group Racing Pty Ltd. You may contact us with enquiries and requests relating to our handling of personal information using the following ways:
By post to:
Pro Group Racing PTY Limited
PO BOX 4369 DANDENONG
STH VICTORIA 3175
By Email: email@example.com
The purposes for which we collect your personal information
We collect, use and disclose personal information that is reasonably necessary for our business purposes. Those business purposes may include:
- to send you newsletters (subject to your consent and choice);
- in order to allow one of the brands to contact you and offer you services or product, provided that you specifically requested us to facilitate such contact;
- to respond to your enquiries, complaints or feedback submission;
- to administer and make available our website and services to you;
- to further develop and generally improve our website and services;
- to count and track performance of ads placed on our website as well as referrals made though such ads;
- to validate users of our website are human and not involved in fraud;
- to comply with our legal obligations and protect our legal rights;
- to deliver to you relevant advertisements and content;
- for analytics and compatibility purposes as well as to optimize our marketing campaigns; and
- to be able to sync with the brand that we advertise and to bill them according to the ad’s performance.
We may also use your personal information for related purposes which would reasonably be expected.
The consequences to an individual if information is not collected
If we will not collect your email address, we will not be able to send you newsletters. If you configurate your browser to refuse all cookies or other tracking technologies, our website may not function properly and some features may become unavailable for you in such circumstances.
Personal information received from third parties
In order to enable us to sync with the brands promoted on our website (“Partners”) and to analyse and document the performance of their marketing campaigns, we may receive information from Partners, such as: an internal user identifier that our system generates to each user (not a unique identifier), and the summary of action taken by a user on the Partner’s website (click, purchase, view, form submission or a phone call).
Third parties to whom your personal information is usually disclosed
We may rely on other companies in our corporate group or third parties to assist us in providing our services or operating our website. If we disclose your personal information to third parties, we will require them to handle any personal information in compliance with all privacy and data protection laws, including the Privacy Act 1988.
We may disclose information to the following types of organisations:
- cloud storage services that store and retain your information (including personal information) on our behalf;
- organisations that assist us in our business operations, such as email administration providers, customer service operators and phone administration providers;
- auditors, consultants and other professional advisers; and
- social media networks or agencies who run competitions or promotions on our behalf.
Overseas disclosures of your personal information
Some of the third party organizations listed above may be located outside Australia. The countries in which they are located and in which they may receive your Information, include: United States of America, European Union and Israel.
Access to and correction of your personal information