Waikouaiti Racecourse is home to Waikouaiti Racing Club.
Waikouaiti Racecourse is located approximately 30 kms north of Dunedin and is a popular coastal resort. Located adjacent to State Highway 1 Oamaru-Dunedin, on the east side of Waikouaiti Township.
There is an old grandstand at Waikouaiti which is considered one of the character grandstands of the South Island. It provides “head on” viewing down the front straight.
The courses greatest asset is a hill that runs the length of 400 metre finishing straight. This has been a popular picnickers location for over 100 years.
Andre Klein (CEO, Gallop South)
Ph: 03 489 6233
Fax: 03 489 3119
New Year's Raceday - Waikouaiti Racecourse
This has traditionally been a very popular fixture attracting large crowds. The day is actively promoted as a Family Day with a variety of giveaways and entertainment for children.
Gallop South Membership: $99.00 ($49 for under 35s). Includes:
- A Membership card providing admission to all race meetings in Otago and Southland
- Opportunity to acquire up to 4 additional guest members passes for any Otago and Southland Meeting
- FREE race books on presentation of card
- Voting rights at one nominated club
- Regular members newsletters or e-letters
- Free access to the member’s only marquee on Melbourne cup day at Wingatui racecourse
- 10% discount off race day hospitality packages
- Reciprocal rights at most New Zealand Clubs