The Dalby Racecourse is located at Cnr Drayton Street & Winton Street, Dalby, QLD 4405.
The Racecourse is operated by the Dalby & Northern Downs Jockey Club.
The original Dalby Racecourse dates back to 1859 and was a black soil surface.
In the 1900s the track was converted to a turf surface and is known as Bunya Park Racecourse.
The club is steeped in tradition having the "Plough Inn" Maiden Handicap in 1862 under weight for age scales. In the 1900's a new 2 storey club house and administration block was built.
The main race meeting at Dalby Racecourse is the Newmarket Handicap, which is run in March.
Facilities at the Dalby Racecourse include
DALBY & NORTHERN DOWNS JOCKEY CLUB
PO Box 183,
Ph. (07) 4662 2340
The town of Dalby is situated 211 kilometres from Brisbane and is at the crossroads to Toowoomba, Kingaroy, Roma, Mundubbera and Goondiwindi.
Dalby has a large sporting culture with a number of sporting associations and clubs.
Dalby Racecourse has a track circumference of 1600 metres and has a home straight being 300 metres long. The track is a fair course giving runners good runs to most ot the turns.
There is 2 chutes, one at the 800 metres and the other at the 1400 metres.