The Parkes Racecourse is located at Eugowra Road complex, Parkes 2870 NSW.
Parkes is located beyond the Penrith hills, past Bathurst and is the main stop after passing through Orange.
Racing commenced in 1886 at Parkes Racecourse, with the first Parkes Cup held in 1887.
The cup has since been held annually except between 1939 and 1945 due to WW2.
Facilities at Parkes Racecourse include
Parkes Jockey Club host 8 meetings annually including Parkes Tooheys Cup and King Merino Cup
P.O. Box 185,
Ph: (02) 6862 4085
Ph: (02) 6862 2310
Parkes is the main settlement in the Local Government Area of Parkes Shire.
Parkes had a population of 9,826. Parkes has had an important role in the scientific community assisting NASA for several missions as a Southern Hemisphere relay and communications station.
Parkes racecourse has a circumference of 2000 metres and a home straight being 400 metres long. The course proper is about 25 metres wide.
The shape of the track is a square shape with tight turns. Inside barriers are an advantage at most starts. There are 3 chutes, at the 1400 metres, 1000 metres and the 800 metres mark.