Goulburn Racecourse is located at Racecourse Drive Goulburn NSW 2580
Goulburn has a long association with racing, with records indicating that racing commenced in 1838 when challenge races held by Troopers took place in the vicinity of the Gordon Hotel.
The oldest Goulburn Cup Trophy dates back to 1883 and is currently displayed at the Race Club and no longer at the museum.
On opening day, 12 October 1949 trainer Tommy Smith and jockey George Moore won the main race of the day with Tyrant at the Goulburn Racecourse.
The Club was incorporated in 1989 and is now under the control of eleven elected Directors. Election of Directors is held annually in November and nomination is open to all financial members.
The Club holds numerous meetings at the Goulburn Racecourse during the year including the Goulburn Cup and the Anniversary Cup in November.
GOULBURN & DISTRICT RACING CLUB LTD
PO Box 226,
Ph. (02) 4822 2222
Fax (02) 4822 1033
In 1999 the Club moved to its new premises in Racecourse Drive off Taralga Road. The Club is now in charge of its own destiny and has no constraints.
Goulburn & District Racing Club Limited is in the business of providing the best thoroughbred racing in Country New South Wales, with the highest quality facilities for trainers and horses alike.
Goulburn is a relatively new racing facility, celebrating its 10th anniversary in November 2009.
The Goulburn Racecourse has a circumference of 1750 metres and features a 400-metre home straight. The track has two chutes and narrows around the 20-metre mark. The course is a fair track and offers good runs all turns.