Centrebet was Australia 's first licensed online bookmaker. They commenced operations in 1992 and offered online betting in 1996. Centrebet now offering the Best Fixed Odds with No Fuss Betting - only for the serious punters with the best fixed odds betting in mind.
They were purchased by the Sport Odds group in 2003 and are currently listed on the Australian stock exchange, which should provide punters with the assurance of being a trustworthy bookmaker with which to deposit funds.
Sportingbet Group (Now William Hill Australia) has since purchased Centrebet in 2011.
Bet Types At Centrebet
Fixed Betting Odds
- Best Fixed Odds Bookmaker - expect nothing less.
- CentreBEST. Guarantees you either the fixed-odds given at the time of placing your bet or CentreBEST (best tote or better), whichever is the greater.
- CentreOdds. Guarantees you either the fixed-odds given at the time of placing your bet or CentreMID (middle tote or better), whichever is the greater.
- CentreTop. Win dividend is guaranteed to equal or exceed the highest official Win dividend declared by the three major Australian TAB's.
- CentreMID. Win and Place dividend is guaranteed to equal or exceed the official Win dividend declared by two of the three major Australian TAB's.
- The better of your Fixed Odds Price & Starting Price.
- Starting Price: Also known as SP. Bets placed at SP are guaranteed to be paid at the official starting price for the on-course bookmakers as determined by the official Bookmakers Pricing Service (BPS).SP is available on selected meetings.
- Best Fluc: Best Fluc is available up to 30 minutes prior to jump. Bets placed prior are guaranteed to be paid at the top official on-course bookie fluctuation as determined by the Bookmakers Pricing Service.
- Get real bookies odds that don't change after you've placed your bet! The payout you receive at the time you place your bet is fixed and does not change no matter how the market fluctuates. Fixed Odds betting is available on all thoroughbred and selected harness and greyhound meetings right up to the jump.
- The Jockey Challenge is a points system where you can place a win bet on which jockey you think will accumulate points based on placing over a race meeting or carnival.
Pick Your Own Streak
- Pick Your Own Streak is available for odd vs evens and inside vs outside markets. It is simply an interface for building a multi by venue. To be a streak, races must be consecutive, but a user can start building a streak at any race.
- Got a feeling of how the track is playing? Fancy the dogs jumping from the inside boxes today? Available on select greyhound meets, the Inside/Outside bet allows you to bet on a head-to-head battle between boxes (1,2,3 4) vs Outside ( boxes 5 ,6,7,8) for a particular race.
- Got the form worked down to a few runners, but they are all wearing odd numbers? Or maybe it's the even numbers that you like? Well, with Centrebet you can take them all with the click of a button. Odds/Evens bet on selected greyhounds and thoroughbred meetings will allow punters to bet on a head-to-head battle between the odd numbered runners vs the even numbered runners for a particular race.
- If your horse is first past the post but gets beaten in a protest, we’ll pay out! Available on Win Only wagers (or the Win portion of Each Way wagers) on all Australian thoroughbred and harness races. Single wagers only. Does not apply to All In or Futures wagers.
- A new service that enables customers to deposit funds in their betting account on our website using any Master Pass connected wallet. When a customer is ready to deposit, their information will be securely shared with our website, speeding up the checkout process.
Centrebet supports multiple languages and currencies in the event that English and the Australian dollar are not comfortable. Join Centrebet Here » »
There is no minimum deposit required if the account is funded using bank deposit or credit card (Visa and MasterCard), which is sure to appeal to anyone wanting to test the online wagering waters without accepting a risk of any sort.
Along with credit cards and bank transfers, Centrebet will also accept Moneybookers, Neteller, Paypal, BPAY, Ukash and for anyone looking to get up and running quickly, POLi.
The minimum wager is one dollar, not the lowest of the online bookmakers, but certainly not prohibitive in any sense.
Racing Options At Centrebet
- A Win Only bet is when a bet is placed on the runner to come in First place only in an event - that is, there is no payment for coming Second or Third.
- A Place Only bet is a bet placed on a runner to place First, Second or Third, subject to field size.* Eight or more runners will pay First, Second and Third. Five to Seven runners will only pay First and Second. Less than Five runners will only pay First.
- An Exacta requires that the first two (2) place getters are nominated in order. Exactas are available on all Australian racing events covered by the National TAB (Thoroughbreds, Harness and Greyhounds)
- Standard Quinella. A Standard Quinella, is when you select two runners to place First and Second in any order for the wager to be successful. Join Centrebet Here » »
- A Box Quinella allows you to choose more than two selections. You can choose as many runners as you like from the same race, however two of the selections must place First or Second in any order for your wager to be successful.
- A Trifecta requires nominating the first three (3) place getters in order. Trifectas are available on all Australian racing events covered by the National TAB's
- A First Four requires nominating the first four (4) place getters in correct order. In the event of a dead heat, there will be as many dividends as there are correct ordered combinations as declared by the selected National TAB. First Fours are available on selected Australian racing events covered by the National TABs (Thoroughbreds, Harness and Greyhounds)
All Up / Multi
- An All-Up Bet is also known as a Multi, Accumulator or Parlay. For racing, an All-Up involves picking a maximum of four selections (Win or Place) in four different races. The prices of all selections (legs) are multiplied to determine the final dividend.
Doubles / Trebles
- Daily Doubles, Extra Doubles and Trebles are available on all Australian Thoroughbred meetings covered by the National TAB's.
- A Quaddie requires nominating the winners of four races as nominated by the National TAB's on selected race meetings.
- A Win 6 requires nominating the winners of six races as nominated by the designated National TAB's on selected race meetings.
- To simplify the placing of Multi-bets, a number of set combinations called Parlays have evolved over time and these are summarised below. Each Parlay has a set number of legs but when you select a Parlay, you are choosing all possible combinations of Multi-bets for that number of legs. In addition, some Parlays, also include single bets on each selection or leg.
The Great Escape
- The Great Escape is exclusive to Centrebet and is available for thoroughbred racing on the Internet only. When selecting a The Great Escape, simply select the winning horse in each of the four designated legs and nominate your stake. The four designated legs will consist of the final race of meeting selected by Centrebet.
- Pick 2, 3, 4 is the ultimate value bet for favourite fanciers. Pick 2, 3, 4 compiles the next four ruling fixed-price favourites into a four-leg multi as soon as markets are available, providing you with maximum odds at the click of a button.
- Auto Exotic allows you to box up your selections and automatically generate a Box Quinella, Box Exacta, Box Trifecta and Box First 4. You can delete any of these options to suit your fancy and create the perfect bet.
More Reasons To Join Centrebet
Casual or occasional punters will appreciate the fact that there is no turnover requirement on actual deposits, but activity amounting to 2x any bonus bet tokens obtained from winning wagers is required. Also, the dormant accounts fees are rather generous. One bet per year will avoid these entirely.
Centrebet will accept applications for credit facilities on a case by case basis, but be aware that borrowing money to gamble is probably not a wise choice.
There is a mobile version of the wagering platform available for anyone who objects to being in front of a computer, but it is probably best to think of this as an accessory rather than a stand-alone solution.
Centrebet offers one of the best margins of all online bookmakers and offers so many ways to bet on racing that anyone who can't find something to their liking is simply not trying. The site offers racing for Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Great Britain and South Africa, along with a week's worth of results and an excellent form guide.
The website colour scheme takes a little getting used to, but there are extensive tutorials. It takes about 4 mouse clicks to place a bet.
Centrebet is reputable and reliable. Highly competitive odds and vast betting selection would make it a viable choice for punters of every level. They do have a maximum weekly payout of $250,000 per week, but when that becomes a problem, you'll be pretty happy on enough fronts that it won't present too much of a bother.
Join Centrebet Here - No Fuss Betting » »